Issued by the Government Press Office
- First time in Irish history that Planning & Investment have been linked
- Four new funds totalling €4bn for rural & urban growth, climate action & innovation
- Major transport focus linking all parts of Ireland & filling gaps in North West
- €22bn climate change programme as well as major public transport investment
- Preparing Ireland for Brexit by investing in the future & targeting at risk sectors
An Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar and the Government today launched a €116 billion plan to re-imagine Ireland and prepare for the future following a special Cabinet meeting at the Institute of Technology in Sligo.
In front of an audience of college students, the Cabinet unveiled Project Ireland 2040 which aims to build their Ireland of tomorrow, and prepare for a future society which will have an extra one million people, and 660,000 more people at work.